1. Patients who will receive I.V. sedation or general anesthesia must have NO FOOD OR DRINK, including water, at least 6 (six) hours prior to surgery unless otherwise instructed by their surgeon. Some medications may be continued and this will be discussed at Consultation.
2. Please bring along the names and dosage of any medicine you may be taking.
3. We request that you wear loosely fitted clothing with short sleeves. No high heel shoes, sandals, or boots, please.
4. If you wear contact lenses, please remove them prior to coming to the office for your surgery. No jewelry, make-up or nail polish, please.
5. If you smoke, please do not smoke for one week prior to treatment. This is for your benefit!
6. Please notify our office if you develop a cold, sore throat, cough, fever, or other illness prior to treatment. We may suggest rescheduling your care for your benefit.
7. Common post-operative findings that one can expect include:
Post surgical discomfort
Soft tissue swelling
Several days of home recuperation may be necessary. This is discussed with the post-operative instructions.
8. In order to insure your safety, we INSIST that patients receiving a general anesthetic or intravenous sedation be accompanied to the office by a responsible adult. Both the patient and companion should be present BEFORE surgery is started. Your companion must remain in the office suite in order to be available to assist you home when you leave the office.
9. Patients 17 years of age or younger MUST BE accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
10. No one is allowed to stay with the patient in the surgical suite during surgery. There are no exceptions to this rule!
If unable to keep appointment (and to avoid a possible service charge), kindly give 48 hour notice. We will gladly reschedule your visit.
The above instructions are designed for your comfort and understanding of surgery and anesthesia. If your care will be accomplished with local anesthesia, some instructions may not apply to you. If you have any questions concerning the pre-operative instructions of surgery itself, please feel comfortable in contacting the office at any time.
AS A REMINDER
1. You must have an escort to and from the surgery. This escort must wait in the waiting room during the surgery. Patients cannot operate a vehicle or large equipment for 24 hours.
2. Nothing to eat or drink past midnight. If surgery is scheduled for the afternoon, a period of 6 hours with nothing to eat or drink before surgery is required. This is a must!!!!!
3. Wear comfortable clothing. No fingernail polish or acrylic nails. No jewelry.
4. Bring all prescribed medications that you are currently taking.